Monday 11 November 2013

Model Kits

One of the things I've started is making models. Here in the UK we all know about Airfix and that's where I started.

I was in Hamley's with my daughter, who is Space mad, after a trip to the Science Museum. Where I saw an Airfix kit on sale. It came with everything you needed, paints, brushes and glue included. So I picked it up and we gave it a go.



The model was fun to make together, although the paint job is quite amateurish it now sits on my daughters desk.


Since then I've had a go at a couple of other models.

One is a Tamiya Bell X-1 as flown by Chuck Yeager when he broke the sound barrier.


I need to finish this one but I kind of messed up the paint job.


So the X-1 is on the back burner at the moment. I've been going on YouTube and looking at techniques etc. I've picked up a Spitfire 1:72 and I've been taking my time with it and OI'm quite pleased with the progress I've made.



I'm looking at International Scale Modeller's you tube channel and forum so I night just try and get a kit entered for their Cold War Group Build. I've chosen the Academy A-10A Thunderbolt II (if I enter).


Meanwhile I've got to gloss and apply decals to the Spitfire...



No comments:

Post a Comment